- Know the timetables to avoid long waits.
- Wait and sit with other people rather than on your own.
- Move to another seat or carriage if you don’t feel safe.
- Utilise the NightRider bus service from the city on weekends.
- Where possible, pre-order a taxi as the driver’s details will be recorded, and sit in the back of the taxi. Utilise the Safe City Taxi Ranks.
- The Public Transport Victoria website has extensive safety information about travelling on trams, buses and trains. Download their free app.