Personal safety tips
A safe campus is everybody’s business. The University provides trained security officers to help ensure you and your property are safe on campus. The personal safety tips on this page aim to assist you to promote your personal safety in different situations on and off campus.
Or get help now with our list of important telephone numbers and services.
Crimes (such as physical and sexual assault) are never the fault, or the responsibility, of the victim. The Safer Community Program provides comprehensive support and advice if you have experienced concerning behaviours.
- On Campus
- Out and About – Your safety on the street. What can you do if you suspect you are being followed.
- Public transport
- Going Out – Look after yourself and your friends
- Drink Spiking – Keep track of your drinks – Feeling drowsy or out of it.
- Alcohol and other Drugs – General safety tips – Alcohol safety tips.
- Online safety – Protecting your personal information and identity; Safe online social interactions.